Sunday, February 12, 2012

I've Had It All Along

My next step in creating a podcast is to select, then master, some audio editing software.  Turns out, I have Garage Band on my Mac!  I had no idea.  I didn't think it would be hard to get but there it was, just sitting quietly in my laptop for four years.  I've had Audacity recommended to me be a couple of podcasters and it's free to download.  But, since I've already got Garage Band pre-installed I'll just stick with that.

As for mastering Garage Band, I'm off to a good start.  I just spent a couple of hours taking audio splices of Kat talking about horror films and set it under "The Stroll".  To get the audio of Kat saying things like That is some campy good fun and Thackery Binx! I used her appearance on the podcast "There Will Be Spoilers."  Check it out and listen to Kat being passionate about horror movies on There Will Be Spoilers' episode 063, the Halloween episode.

I picked "The Stroll" to experiment with because of it's use in the 80's horror romp, Night of The Creeps.  Kat and I watched it a few months ago and, when this podcast turns into a real little boy, we'll deliver our thoughts on it along with some warm, fun and entertaining banter.

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment